For those wanting a private pet friendly island all to themselves with an amazing view, Sunset Haven is for you. Only 5 minutes from mainland by boat (included) this 2 acre island has a total water frontage of over 1500 feet with ultimate privacy. It is nicely wooded with some open areas for the children to play. There are two options for swimming. Off the end of the dock is great for competent swimmers and for the young ones there is a sandy, shallow gradual area. The 1000 sq ft cottage/screened porch and decks face west to enjoy those gorgeous Stoney Lake sunsets.
The open concept kitchen, dining and living room with Pine cathedral ceiling has excellent views of the water. The kitchen is well equipped with everything you need to prepare your meals. There is also a microwave & propane BBQ. The cottage features a woodstove/fireplace for taking the chill off those cooler evenings. It is also equipped with electric heat, a flat screen TV with Star Choice Satellite & DVD are included. Three bedrooms (one King, one double & 2 twin beds) sleep 6 persons comfortably. There is a large 4 pc bathroom with whirlpool tub & shower.
The kids will love making s'mores over the outdoor fire pit with wood and comfortable Muskoka chairs provided for your evening bonfires. Included with the cottage is a 14 ft aluminum boat and 9.9 horsepower motor for fishing or exploring the 1100 islands of spectacular Stoney Lake. Also included are a canoe & peddle boat. Conveniently located a short distance from the mainland (5 minutes) this cottage is a great place to enjoy those lazy, hazy days of summer, in a safe, peaceful, and relaxing environment. In September & October enjoy the spectacular Fall colours on Stoney Lake.
This was our first time visiting Sunset Haven & we loved everything about it. The nice quiet Island, the excellent fishing, beautiful view & those amazing sunsets.
The Taylor Family, July 2011
We had another great time. Exploring the Island was a highlight for the kids. Fishing was super & we got some nice sized bass.
Karen, Chris & family. August 2010
This is our 4th visit. Fishing was great even from the dock. We love this place & plan to return.
Bob, Kathy & family, August 2010
Great time, great cottage, you did a nice job with the décor. Lovely island & our dogs loved the place. Best rental cottage we've ever had. Peaceful retreat. Home away from home.
Kimberly & Greg, July 2010
Rental Rules & Regulations
- Cottage is equipped for no more than 6 persons
- You will find the cottage clean and in good repair. You are expected to leave it clean, beds changed and ready for next tenant. A vacuum & cleaning products are provided
- No Smoking allowed in cottage
- The boat & motor will be left at Pine Vista for you with a full tank of gas and required safety kit. It must be left with a full tank of gas on departure.
- You will be required to sign a rental agreement with Pine Vista Resort and have a Government required mini dockside safety course. Required by law you must bring proper fitting life jackets for each person in the boat.
- A canoe and peddle boat are included with the cottage. Government law also requires you to have a life jacket on board for each person when using these.
- Pets are allowed (maximum 2) with prior arrangements.
Pets cannot be left on island alone and cannot be allowed to bark.
Any messes on the walking area of the island must be cleaned up before vacating.
Pets are not allowed on Pine Vista property except on arrival & departure and must be on a leash.
- Check in - 3:00 p.m Check out - 11:00 a.m. at Pine Vista Resort
- Weekly rentals are from Saturday to Saturday
Please note: Cottage must be left in spotless condition. If additional cleaning is required, a minimum of $100.00 will be deducted from your deposit. Cleaning supplies and a vacuum are provided. Garbage & recycling can be taken to garbage & recycling depot at Pine Vista Resort.
- Sunset Haven Guests have use of all facilities at Pine Vista Resort and can enroll their children in the Supervised Recreation program
- Casual & fine dining on Stoney Lake
- DVD's can be rented at Pine Vista Resort
- Golfing at private Wildfire G.C arranged thru Pine Vista
- Great fishing: muskie, bass, & pickerel
- Laundromat at Pine Vista
- Little's supply store & boat gas - 5 minutes
- Close to Lakefield & shopping
- Many local attractions nearby
Included in cottage Rental
- Parking for 2 cars at Pine Vista Resort
- 14 ft aluminum boat with 9.9 hp motor
- Required Boat safety kit & paddles
- (12 x 16 Dock - 6 ft' water at end of dock)
- New Cottage Deck with chairs
- Canoe & paddles
- Peddle Boat
- Satellite TV & DVD
- Assorted board games
- Screened in porch
- Propane BBQ
- Outdoor fire pit & wood
- Outdoor furniture
- Good Cell phone reception
What you need to bring with you
- Life Jackets to fit every person
- Drinking Water
- Sheets only for 2 twin, a double & a King bed (Or the sheets provided can be used but they must be laundered, folded & left in closet on departure)
- Pillows & blankets are provided.
Deposit & Final Payment
- A deposit of $500.00 is required and can be paid by credit card before booking is confirmed.
Call 1-800-634-2848 for credit card payment.
- The balance of payment must be paid on arrival & before check-in
- Check-out 11:00 a.m. Check-in 3:00 p.m. Weekly bookings are from Saturday to Saturday.